We are still discovering the complete history of this building but what we do know (or think we know) is this:
From 1904 to 1964 it was the Airport Way Hotel. Downstairs, it housed the Palace Tavern. It was for some time the Volunteers of America Industrial Store and the Wallace Transfer. And of course, it was the home of Star Brass Works, which now lends its name to the lounge downstairs! We have named our main gallery the Palace Gallery in honor of the old tavern.
More information about the history of Georgetown can be found at historylink.org.